How to apply
Visa documents will have to be submitted in person on the date of the interview. The Visa Department will conduct interviews, requested by appointment, on Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 10.00AM to 12.00 PM. The Consulate will be closed on Argentine and US holidays.
Visa inquiries and appointments MUST be requested and scheduled ONLY through the following email address:
The Consulate strongly encourages applicants to apply at least 45 days in advance of their proposed journey and to refrain from making irrevocable travel plans until the visa has been issued.
Visa for members of the Catholic Church clergy
Visa applications for members of the Catholic Church clergy which involve temporary residence in Argentina may only be made at the Consular Office of the Argentine Republic in the place of residence of the foreign national.
- Applications are personal and the applicant must submit the following documents (an original and a copy) at the Consular Office:
- Passport valid for at least six (6) months at the time of entering Argentina, with at least two (2) blank pages
- One (1) current 1.5’’ x 1.5’’ photograph, facing the camera, printed in color, on a white background
- Visa application form filled out (preferably in electronic format) and signed by the applicant
- Proof of habitual residence within the jurisdiction of the Consulate (such as a utility bill or other document that serves as proof)
- For travellers aged 16 or older: an apostilled or legalized certificate of good conduct issued by the competent authority of the countries where they resided for more than one year over the previous three years and Commitment to tell the truth or Sworn affidavit of their lack of a criminal record in other countries, signed before the consul
- Invitation letter containing the following information: a) Community, congregation or diocese where the member of the clergy will perform tasks; b) Type of work to be carried out (pastoral, community, teaching, etc.); c) Address and contact information of the religious entity; d) Name of superior/province or authority in charge; e) Length of stay in the Argentine Republic. The letter must be signed by a representative of the entity and submitted to the General Directorate for the National Registry of Religious Organizations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Worship, which will certify the signature and notify the relevant Consulate in order to carry out the process. The Catholic Church is exempted from the National Registry of Petitioners on behalf of Foreign Applicants (RENURE) requirement
- Payment of the migration fee, except for members of the secular clergy
Payment of consular fee: 150 USD (ONLY be paid by DEBIT card or money order to the “Consulate General of Argentina in New York”. We do not accept cash or checks.)
Please note that Consular authorities may require supplementary or additional documents when deemed necessary.
FULFILMENT OF ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE GRANTING OF A VISA.
To begin the visa application procedure, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to make an appointment and submit the required documents.