Entities that may receive donations are:
- the National State,
- the Provincial and/or Municipal States,
- centralized or decentralized organizations of these,
- civil associations, foundations or any other non-profit organizations;
- religious organizations that are registered with the Culture Secretariat, who hold a certificate issued by the Foreign Relations Ministry.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LAST TWO:
a) They must be registered with the General Revenue Service in Argentina (DGI by its acronym in Spanish) through the Federal Administration of Public Revenue (AFIP by its acronym in Spanish), as well as be exempt from VAT and Profits, therefore the CUIT number is required.
b) They must be registered with the General Office of Custom in Argentina (DGA by its acronym in Spanish) through the Federal Administration of Public Revenue (AFIP by its acronym in Spanish) as Import/Export. The procedure can be done in the AFIP website, with the "clave fiscal", in 'Gestión de autorizaciones electronicas'.
PRECEDURE TO OBTAIN A DONATION CERTIFICATE WITH THE PROPER STAMP AT THE CONSULATE OF ARGENTINA IN NEW YORK (Make sure the donor resides in our Consulate jurisdiction)
1) The donor must draft an original Donation Certificate (see Sample of Donation Certificate) addressed to the recipient. This should be done on the donating entity’s official letterhead and signed by their representative. The Certificate must be written in Spanish. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR THE DONOR TO FILL OUT THIS CERTIFICATE AND SEND IT TO OUR CONSULATE BEFORE SHIPPING THE DONATION TO ARGENTINA. Certain specifications or characteristics of some particular donated elements could be required to be listed in order to verify and stamp the certificate. It is extremely important to send the first version of the donation certificate to our Consulate in advance (and not when the donation is already held in Argentine Customs) in order to allow the procedure the time and protocols that it requires.
THIS CONSULATE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR IN CASE THE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT PRESENTED IN THE MANNER AND TIME PERIOD EXPRESSED IN THE PRIOR PARAGRAPH.
2) The goods that will be donated will be described in an attached list, which must contain the following information:
MEDICATION: Active ingredient, amount, type of container, and expiration date. The expiration date must be at least six (6) months following the date of arrival in the country.
HOSPITAL CONSUMABLES: Description, amount, container type, expiration date or sterilization, manufacturer and/or lot number. All items used in a hospital must have an expiration date of at least one (1) year after arrival in the country.
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT, USED MACHINERY AND ELECTRONICS: It must include brand, model, and series number. It must be attached to a good technical condition certificate of origin and certificate of disinfection or sterilization, whichever the case may be. New equipment must have the corresponding Users Manual. In all cases a photo of the equipment is required.
NOTE: These types of products should not be older than ten (10) years.
FOOD: Active ingredient, amount, type of container, and expiration date. The expiration date for these products must be at least six (6) months following the date of arrival in the country.
IMPORTANT: MEATS AND THEIR DERIVATIVES that come from EUROPE, U.S.A., AND CANADA ARE PROHIBITED FROM ENTERING INTO THE COUNTRY.
USED CLOTHING: along with a descriptive list, you must also attach the corresponding disinfection certificate of origin, both certified by the Consulate of Argentina. NOTE: Used clothing can only be received by the National, Provincial, and/or Municipal State, and/or religious entities registered with the Culture Secretariat of the Republic of Argentina. Non-profit civil foundations and associations may not receive used clothing.
COMPUTERS, MONITORS AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT: Make, model, and series number for each item. If these items are used, they must come attached with a certificate of good working condition.
NEW CLOTHING, SHOES AND TOYS: a detailed description of the items, especially the merchandise which is susceptible to special requirements; exemption must be requested from the Industrial Commerce and Mining Secretariat of Argentina.
MERCHANDISE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRECEDING POINTS: we recommend you contact the Consulate in order to inquire about the corresponding control entities through COMCA.
3) The donation certificate MUST HAVE A DIGITAL VERIFICATION FROM THIS CONSULATE, who you may address in person or via mail (if you choose the latter, certified mail is recommended). NO photocopies or faxes are accepted, the certificate must be an original. This procedure is free-of-charge.
Before sending the certificate of bringing it in person, please call us at (212) 603-0423 or send us an email to email@example.com with your inquiry, to receive assistance and confirm the rules about this procedure.
4) Our Consulate will issue a certificate of the digital verification, and it will be sent to the donor via email.
For inquires, contact the Consulate of Argentina in New York: firstname.lastname@example.org . (212) 603-0423 .