COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS: Medical insurance with international coverage. You may wish to contact your travel insurance to request a note specifying that the policy covers your trip to Argentina, including admission to hospital and isolation due to COVID-19, with no exclusions or limits during the whole stay.
How to apply
Visa documents will have to be submitted in person on the date of the interview. The Visa Department will conduct interviews, requested by appointment, on Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 10.00AM to 12.00 PM. The Consulate will be closed on Argentine and US holidays.
Visa inquiries and appointments MUST be requested and scheduled ONLY through the following email address:
The Consulate strongly encourages applicants to apply at least 45 days in advance of their proposed journey and to refrain from making irrevocable travel plans until the visa has been issued.
Visa by nationality
Applications for a nationality visa may only be submitted at the Consular Office of the Argentine Republic in the place of residence of the foreign national. This type of visa is available to nationals of MERCOSUR Member or Associate States, for the purpose of temporary establishment of foreign nationals in the Argentine Republic for a maximum term of 2 (two) years.
- Applications are personal and the applicant must submit the following documents (an original and a copy) at the Consular Office:
- Passport valid for at least six (6) months at the time of entering Argentina, with at least two (2) blank pages.
- One (1) current 1.5 x 1.5 inch photograph, facing the camera, printed in color, on a white background
- Visa application form filled out (preferably in electronic format) and signed by the applicant
- Proof of address within the jurisdiction of the Consulate (such as a utility bill or other document that serves as proof).
- For travellers aged 16 or older, an apostilled or legalized certificate of good conduct issued by the competent authority of the countries where they resided for more than one year over the previous three years, and Commitment to tell the truth or Sworn affidavit of their lack of a criminal record in other countries, signed before the consul
Payment of consular fee: 250 USD
- Consular interview
Please note that Consular authorities may require supplementary or additional documents when necessary.
FULFILMENT OF ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE GRANTING OF A VISA.
To begin the visa application procedure, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to make an appointment and submit the required documents.