PERMANENT VISA FOR FAMILY REUNIFICATION
The permanent visa for family reunification is for those who are resident in our jurisdiction and are also:
A) Parent, spouse or children of Argentine native, naturalized or by option.
B) Parent, spouse and children under 18 years old or over 18 with disabilities, of a permanent resident in Argentina.
How to apply
Visa documents will have to be submitted in person on the date of the interview. The Visa Department will conduct interviews, requested by appointment: email@example.com
The Consulate will be closed on Argentine and US holidays.
The Consulate strongly encourages applicants to apply at least 45 days in advance of their proposed journey and to refrain from making irrevocable travel plans until the visa has been issued.
1. CONSULAR PERMIT (PIC) issued by the Consulate.
2. PASSPORT. Submit ORIGINAL and a COPY of the 1st page. The passport or travel document must be valid for a minimum of six (6) months from the intended date of entry and have at least two (2) blank pages.
3. ONE (1) FSV FORM. Notice that it must be filled out preferably in electronic format and signed by the applicant.
4. TWO (2) CURRENT PHOTOS: full front view, in color, on a white background, 1 ½ x 1 ½ inches.
5. PROOF OF THE IMMIGRATION STATUS IN THE U.S.A. Submit ORIGINAL and COPY of your immigration status in the USA. (Ex.: Alien Registration Card, Advance Parole Document, valid visa, valid forms I-20, etc).
6. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (If applicable). Only certificates issued by a governmental authority are acceptable. They must be translated into Spanish by a translator or agency, and be accompanied by a “certification of accuracy” and must be authenticated by the Hague Apostille or by the corresponding argentine Consulate abroad.
7. BIRTH CERTIFICATE. (If applicable) It must include parents’ names (Request a “long form”). Only certificates issued by a governmental authority are acceptable. In addition, it must be translated into Spanish by a translator or agency, and be accompanied by a “certification of accuracy” and must be authenticated by the Hague Apostille or by the corresponding argentine Consulate abroad.
8. DNI of the Argentine relative or permanent resident.
9. CERTIFICATE of POLICE RECORDS (16 YEARS OLD or OVER) issued by the competent authority of the countries where they resided for more than one (1) year over the previous three (3) years; it must be must be translated into Spanish by a translator or agency, and be accompanied by a “certification of accuracy” and must be authenticated by the Hague Apostille.
Police records must be written on official letterhead paper and duly signed by the police officer in charge. Unless otherwise stated, police records expire after 60 days of issuance. Police records that have already expired at the date of visa application submission will not be accepted. Should an arrest or conviction appear on your police records certificate, the approval by the Argentine immigration authority will be necessary to issue the visa. An additional detailed report may be required.
10. SWORN STATEMENT of lacking police records and/or penalties of national or international nature to be signed at this Consulate.
11. FEE. A U$S 250 fee will be applied and shall only be paid by DEBIT card or Money Order to the “Consulate General of Argentina in New York”. We do not accept cash or checks.
- Immigration fee. Applicants must pay an additional Immigration Fee ONLY AFTER the VISA INTERVIEW. Please follow the instructions at the link below:
a)MERCOSUR countries and its associate states U$S 300.
b)Extra MERCOSUR countries U$S 600
12. VISA INTERVIEW. All visa applicants are requested to appear in person for an interview with a consular officer.
13. Applicants may be required to provide additional information.
The regular visa process takes 7-10 working days. In some cases, it will require 30 -45 days. You will be advice in these cases.
There is an expedited visa process that takes up to 3 working days and requires the payment of a U$S 40 fee on a single Money Order. You may qualify for an expedited visa service depending on availability. The expedited fee DOES NOT apply in the case of the visas that require a process time of 30-45 days.
All applicants should be aware that the times given are current averages and are subject to sharp seasonal fluctuations.
Passports with the stamped visa can be picked up in person or using a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. We ONLY accept FEDEX. It is mandatory to present proof of payment of the shipping. It will be the responsibility of the applicant to follow up on the mail delivery.
The Consulate shall not be responsible for delays or loss of documents incurred by the Post Office once the documentation was delivered or sent by the Consulate.