How to apply
Visa documents will have to be submitted in person on the date of the interview. The Visa Department will conduct interviews, requested by appointment, on Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 10:00AM to 12:00 PM. The Consulate will be closed on Argentine and US holidays.
Visa inquiries and appointments MUST be requested and scheduled ONLY through the following email address: email@example.com
The Consulate strongly encourages applicants to apply at least 45 days in advance of their proposed journey and to refrain from making irrevocable travel plans until the visa has been issued.
If your country IS NOT listed above please request an appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant should submit in person the following information on the date of his/her interview:
1.PASSPORT or TRAVEL DOCUMENT: Submit ORIGINAL and a COPY of the 1st page. The passport or travel document must be valid for a minimum of six (6) months from the intended date of entry and have at least two (2) blank pages.
2.ONE (1) FSV FORM. Notice that it must be filled out preferably in electronic format and signed by the applicant.
- Applicants from Kosovo, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic and Taiwan should apply for a Travel Certificate at least 15 days prior to travelling to Argentina.
3. COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS: Medical insurance with international coverage. You may wish to contact your travel insurance to request a note specifying that the policy covers your trip to Argentina, including admission to hospital and isolation due to COVID-19, with no exclusions or limits during the whole stay.
4.ONE (1) CURRENT PHOTOS: full front view, in color, on a white background, 1 ½ x 1 ½ inches.
5.PROOF OF THE IMMIGRATION STATUS IN THE U.S.A. Submit ORIGINAL and COPY of your immigration status in the USA. (Ex.: Alien Registration Card, Advance Parole Document, valid visa, valid forms I-20, etc).
6.ROUND TRIP RESERVATION. (Including DOMESTIC flights, if applicable). It is advisable that you DO NOT purchase non-refundable airline tickets to Argentina before the visa is granted. Purchase is not mandatory but failure to provide the reservation will result in visa application refusal.
If you are entering Argentina by bus, car or ship you will have to provide the corresponding tickets.
7.HOTEL RESERVATION or FRIEND/FAMILY REFERENCES in ARGENTINA. Provide hotel reservations for the whole stay in Argentina. Reservations MUST BE UNDER EACH APPLICANT'S NAME.
If you are visiting and staying with family members or friends in Argentina you must provide an original invitation letter together with a copy of their ID (DNI or Identity Card). The letter and the ID (DNI) must be certified by an Argentine Notary Public (“Escribano Publico”) and then by the "Colegio de Escribanos".
8.PROOF OF FUNDS. Submit bank statements for the last three (3) months.
9.IN ADDITION, SUBMIT ONE (1) of the FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS in ORIGINAL in the case of “a” and “b”:
- a) Letter from your employer in the US confirming that you are currently employed by the
company,the length of your employment as well as your wage or yearly salary. Letter sample
- b) Letter from the university confirming that you are currently enrolled at such educational institution.
- c) If you own your business, COPY of your business’ official registration and last year tax return.
10.FEE. A U$S 150 fee will be applied and shall ONLY be paid by DEBIT card or money order to the “Consulate General of Argentina in New York”. We do not accept cash or checks.
- For Nationals from India and Morocco the tourist visa is free of charge.
- For those who require a travel certificate the tourist fee will be$250 (See number 2).
11. TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION (MINORS of 18 years old). It must be legalized by the Hague Apostille or by the corresponding argentine Consulate abroad. Download here.
12. VISA INTERVIEW. All visa applicants are requested to appear in person for an interview with a consular officer.
13. Applicants may be required to provide additional information.
The regular visa process takes 10 working days. In some cases, it will require 30 -45 days. You will be advice in these cases.
There is an expedited visa process that takes up to 3-5 working days and requires the payment of a U$S 40 fee will be applied and shall ONLY be paid by DEBIT card. You may qualify for an expedited visa service depending on availability. The expedited fee DOES NOT apply in the case of the visas that require a process time of 30-45 days..
All applicants should be aware that the times given are current averages and are subject to sharp seasonal fluctuations.
Passports with the stamped visa can be picked up in person or using a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. We ONLY accept FEDEX. It is mandatory to present proof of payment of the shipping. It will be the responsibility of the applicant to follow up on the mail delivery.
The Consulate shall not be responsible for delays or loss of documents incurred by the Post Office once the documentation was delivered or sent by the Consulate.
The payment of the reciprocity fee for AMERICAN citizens has been suspended as of March 24, 2016.
The payment of the reciprocity fee for AUSTRALIAN citizens has been suspended as of July 1, 2017.
The payment of the reciprocity fee for CANADIAN citizens has been suspended as of January 1, 2018.
For inquiries or errors in payment:
For any inquiry, refunds or errors in payment send an email to: email@example.com